Kirkland Art Walk presents a walking tour of the art venues located in downtown Kirkland. The event takes place from 5:00 PM to 8:00 PM on the second Friday of each month.
Artists: Tips for a great Art Walk experience
- As an artist, the most important thing is that you share your art with the world and that you start a dialogue with present and future fans and collectors. The Kirkland Art Walk is one place you can do that, so you need to make the most of the opportunity.
- Plan ahead with your host venue. Go see the space, talk with the person who invited you, and ideally, meet the person who will be watching the store/space when you are there on Art Walk evening. Talk with your host about expectations — where you are to display your art, how much space you can use, whether you will need easels, a table, etc. Prior to the Art Walk, promote the event!
- Do a “Save the Date” to give lots of notice, and then send reminders up till the day of the event. Promote your host business too. “Like” your host business on Facebook if they have a page, and set up an event, and invite your friends!
- Arrange with your host to have the display area ready prior to 5PM on Art Walk evening.
- You are expected to be present during the art walk from 5-8PM, unless otherwise arranged. Guests really enjoy meeting the artists, and it gives you a chance to meet potential customers, and network with visitors.
- Have cards, a flyer with any other shows you have upcoming, postcards, whatever promo pieces you have on hand. Consider wearing a name tag so it’s obvious who the artist is when people come through.
- Greet your guests, and introduce yourself as the Art Walk artist for the evening. Offer to answer questions, and then let them look! You will get the feel for people who want to engage in conversation and those who would rather be left on their own. Be ready to promote your host’s business too. Think of this event as a symbiotic relationship. Good for you, good for your host — good for the town!
- Let us know how your Art Walk experience goes. Feedback is so valuable, and your unique experience will help us to make improvements for businesses and artists alike.
By clicking submit, you agree to receive communications from us in the form of occasional notices.
Artist Outreach committee will review applications on a monthly basis. Once approved your link and contact information will be posted on our website as a resource for businesses wishing to host an artist’s work within their business.